Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the Best Film of All Time

Options
  • 25-09-2001 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I think the Matrix, Gladiator and Pulp Fiction would be my favorites!! but i could go on for ages!!!

Wat bout ne1 else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Dunno, 2001: A Space Oddysey i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I just dont have any normal taste and have to say from my personl list "Big Trouble In Little China" - its just a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, given that you're not asking for favourite films, I'll have to knock "Kind Hearts and Coronets", "Casablanca", "Arsenic and Old Lace", "Brief Encounter", "The Third Man", "Memento", "Citizen Kane" and "A Fish Called Wanda" off the list.

So, Shawshank Redemption or one of the first two Godfathers then...

Godfather Part 2 if I have to pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

3 fairly recent ones spring to mind....

Gladiator
    American Beauty
    Fight Club

[These are MHO and probably reflective of my time and place, rather than any great analysis of the history of film-making:) ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Can we not boycott the next one of theese threads that come along? , honestly ..but Ill bite and say ...Apocalypse now ,its not the greatest film of all time of course , just something that popped into my lil Ole head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

It's gotta be Shawshank Redemption

And Big Trouble in Little China is a distant second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Leon is one cool film...

Conan The Barbarian is a top one too!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

this question was asked on some crappy channel 5 programme this morning.do we have a closet channel 5 fan in our midst??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

apart from you is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Leon
    Gladiator
    Count of Monte Christo (this one is being remade i think)
    First Contact

these would be favourites in no particular order, depends on what mood im in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cavola

Pulp Fiction!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    this question was asked on some crappy channel 5 programme this morning.do we have a closet channel 5 fan in our midst??

er forgive my ignorance, but can we actually get Channel 5 over here?

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by SofaKing
    First Contact

The Star Trek movie???

Or did you mean Contact - the movie based on Carl Sagan's book?

As usual, threads like this fall into the usual problem...

does "best" mean "favourite", or something else?

Also, there is no point answering a question of "best movie" *note the singular* with a list of your top 4 or 5 faves, in no particular order.

Take the extra 60 seconds....pick your all-time no.1 movie. Just one of them.

I'm not sure what mine is. When I have it decided, I'll let you all know.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

even though its a very conventional choice I'd have to say Pulp Fiction. Like Simpsons, I know the words off by heart but still laugh at it every time.

Full Metal Jacket- again hilarious.

and Shawshank of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Quorthon

er forgive my ignorance, but can we actually get Channel 5 over here?

Q
    We sure can. In my area (D. 5), we don't get sky or MTV, instead we get Ch5 and the cartoon network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by ObeyGiant

We sure can. In my area (D. 5), we don't get sky or MTV, instead we get Ch5 and the cartoon network.

may I assume therefore that since I can get Sky & MTV , (D. 11), that I cannot get C5????

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Quorthon

may I assume therefore that since I can get Sky & MTV , (D. 11), that I cannot get C5????

Q
    That depends entirely on the cable company/package you're on. We're on what could easily be the most package ever. Our BBC* feeds come from Sky Digital.. every so often, it's like someone sits on the Sky Digital remote control, and we get yoinked to the "Favourites" menu for a couple of seconds.

I miss sky :(

Advertisement