Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Santa on DVD

Options
  • 05-11-2005 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Watch out for bad santa on DVD this month,one of the best comedy's of 2004!
    Thats my opinion anyway,anyone know why it took so long for this movie to come out on DVD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's not really a review is it?

But I'd imagine they wanted to release it for a christmas market... not much point in releasing a christmas movie in the middle of summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Yea i never taught of that monkey,like there was never a horror movie released in summer,bad santa aint about xmas!its based around it,there is a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

"Watch out for this DVD" is not a review by any stretch of the imagination. Don't post in film reviews if you're not going to post a review.

I'm afraid to tell you but it is about as christmassy as films come.

I liked the film a lot.... but it is clearly a christmas movie and I don't know why you are bringing horror movies up... Horror movies generally aren't seasonal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

As Hollywood comedies go this is a good one. The ending is (as you might expect) ****e but everything up til then will have you smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good film, but the Director's Cut is disappointingly identical. Well, almost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I absolutely love this movie and glad the wait is nearly over. Ill be one of the first people out to buy this when its released.

By the way does anyone know the actual release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err it was released in the US ages ago, I have it here. As for the film its average at best. Its a brain dead comedy like Happy Gilmore or Tommy Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I saw this when it came out on DVD in America last year.. I thought it was great and not the type of film I usually like.

On Play.com its release date is 14th November.

Actually yes.... it did get a DVD release in 2004 in the US as it was a Christmas 2003 release. They waited until the following Christmas to screen it over here.

I just wish Zwigoff would spend more time adapting Daniel Clowes comics instead... I can't wait for Art School Confidential.

• Advertisement
Advertisement