Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for network play behind firewall

Options
  • 04-11-2005 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭

I just got Pro Evo 5 for the PC today, I am trying to set it up for online gaming.
    My problem is that when it tries to connect it says that it cannot connect and that it might be the firewall.
    I switched of the windows firewall, but my problem is that I am on the DCU network and am unable to get past their firewall. Is there anyway that I can play this game online within the DCU network or somehow bypass their firewall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

probably not to be honest. A Uni firewall?

You need to be able to login to the router and open up the 5731 POrt. But thats what most of us have had to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Youw ill have to ask the network admin to allow you to play tru that port.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, just pop down to Comp. Services and ask them (nicely) to oipen the port. They have done it before for other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

Is it only the port being closed that is the problem? I might give this a try on Monday and see what they say. Hopefully a YES!

Assuming you have a legit copy, yes its only the port being blocked thats stopping you from playing.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

KdjaC wrote:
    Assuming you have a legit copy, yes its only the port being blocked thats stopping you from playing.

kdjac

mmmm mite have a problem there then!!! aagghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    How does this effect it? Does this mean that if someone else has the same serial as you and is online it will not work?

digiman wrote:
    How does this effect it? Does this mean that if someone else has the same serial as you and is online it will not work?

You login everytime with your serial and password, there is no lan mode so the only way to play online is to buy the game.

kdjac

Advertisement