Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have The Killers gone?

Options
  • 03-11-2005 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Anyone know anything about what they are doing or when the next album release is gonna be? I miss them bad...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

... and you posted this in Music Reviews?

Could someone explain the logic of that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Master...Card

I'm new, I don't know where to post stuff- do you know the answer to the question or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they haven't gone, they are still around in fact you can't listen/watch music stations without hearing them.

re-releasing singles is their main forté.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Master...Card

I'm not priveleged enough to have Sky:o and I have not heard one new release by them in months- What radio stations do you listen to? There are Fook all dasent stations around my way that's probably why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

re-releasing singles is their main forté.

re-releasing the album seems to be the new thing (see here)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I hope they fould a hole and buried themselves in, along with their music.
    I'm not really their biggest fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I hope they fould a hole and buried themselves in, along with their music.
    I'm not really their biggest fan.

Damn, I was just about to post "to a watery grave with any luck".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Welcome to the internet. Here, bands have websites to let you know where they have and haven't gone. You should try them sometime!

In seriousness though, they've gone off to record their next album and will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

They spent the best part of two years touring on one album. They are probably writing a new album followed by touring for the rest of their lives trying to relive the glory of hot fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

............and rereleasing "mr.brightside", and that other song that sounds kinda, similar untill they are fully convinced that everyone hates them.
    And i'm sure whatever they release will sell by the bucketloads however crap it's gonna be.
    Should I judge so soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

ooh good to see theres still a few elitist 'hipsters' around these parts. anyone ever tell you about tolerance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

good to see also that there are still a few people out there who find your mom jokes hilarious:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Quite like their music tbh. Lyrics are awful, but the music is decent enough.
    They are overplayed though, thank christ I don't listen to the radio or have MTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

dear god I can't stand the Killers. Every shop I've been in for the last year have always been playing Someboby Told Me, I Hate that song so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i believe that they are putting the "finishing touches" (whatever that means) to the album at the moment, and that it's due for release in about april. personally, i really liked the killers about a year and a half ago. however, after hearing their music non-stop for about a year, they're kinda staring to grate on me...... still looking forward to the new album though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

dimerocks wrote:
    good to see also that there are still a few people out there who find your mom jokes hilarious:rolleyes:

well I just hope to **** that your suggestion that Cork is a great place is also in jest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

their new album wont be released before june if we're lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I Care not if they disappear,, there good musicians but the singer gives me a small stroke every time he opens his mouth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

They're not bad but whenever I go to play a song of theirs I look through all the titles and just put the cd away. I think they bore me. They'd have to bring out another album to get my interest back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Punchbowl wrote:
    Some quality stuff there. I'm all for musical tolerance but I like to hold everything (including stuff I love) up to a reasonable standard of ridicule in order to avoid sacred cow-ism.

Advertisement