Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] vs [PS2] vs [XBOX]

Options
  • 03-11-2005 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

What version you playing?

And are you online?

kdjac

What version you playing? 37 votes

PC
    0% 0 votes
    PS2
    43% 16 votes
    Xbox
    21% 8 votes
    Pc and one of above
    35% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Where PES is at Home.

Therefore PS2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Played PES 1-4 on PS2, but am now on PC.
    Better graphics, easier patches and good online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Pes belongs on the ps2 and now im playin online its gr8!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

PS2 for me. I should really sort out getting myself the network adapter. Is it complicated to set the online play up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

PC for me
    nevr looked so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

sexybox for me, it's got the xbox live, and save a billion replays, unlike ps2 version, but i pefer the ps2 pad, but ONLY for football games, dunno why though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BillyR

Playing on Xbox but i really miss my ps2 pad. Just can't get over how different it is trying to use the xbox pad and only being able to play 4 player is a bit head wrecking.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BillyR wrote:
    Playing on Xbox but i really miss my ps2 pad. Just can't get over how different it is trying to use the xbox pad and only being able to play 4 player is a bit head wrecking.:confused:
    Can you get a PS2 PAd convertor for the XBox?
    I'm pretty sure I saw one in GAME.
    Maybe I was just imagining it...
    dar83 wrote:
    Where PES is at Home.
    Therefore PS2.
    Wait til you see it on a high spec and patched PC version with PS2 controller adapters! ;)
    I did, and I've never gone back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

PC only sincee PES3.
    Sold my PS2 before PES3 came out on PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I bought PES for the PS2 but when I played the demo on the PC, it looked far, far better so I bought a PS2 Controller adapter for my PC and I'm looking to buy the PC version of the game. Incidentally, you can buy my PS2 version of PES on the cheap here :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

pc version of pro ev is only 25 euro on cdwow.ie and it is free delivery just ordered mine there so should hopefully be online by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

whiskeyman wrote:
    Wait til you see it on a high spec and patched PC version with PS2 controller adapters! ;)
    I did, and I've never gone back!

I've played it on the PC, since it was first released on it, but I still prefer the PS2 version.

Fully patched PES5 on PS2 is good enough for me, for the sake of having some textures crisper I dont think its worth it. Its still only a port of the PS2 version anyway. :)

Also I dont actually play PES5 single player, only online. I find WE9 is better for single player, and with the new Jayz V4 mix patch with Maximo chants, it beats the pants off any PES5 at the moment. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ps2 from August till oct, then its PC all the way.

Wait a few weeks for the really good patches that dont require ISO patching and its worth it. PS2 hasnt been turned on in over a week now but will be later when mates arrive. So i use PC and Ps2 :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

xbox hopefully this weekend :)

had WE7 on pc but xbox is home of PES now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I got 1 PS2 pad, really should get a couple more, as shoulder buttons dodgy :mad: Anyhow , got 2 Converters till use it on Xbox (think lost one though:( ) & another for pc usb so yes can get them. Xbox ones i got in game & pc on play.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

I always played pes4 on the playstation and pes5 for the last week, but managed to get a free copy of the game for the PC and have been playing it today and think the game is 2 or 3 times better on the PC. It seems so much faster, more responsive, better graphics, the only thing is that I am playing on a laptop screen which is a bit small but can't fault pes5 for that. I just need to somehow get the network play setup to work behind the firewall in DCU. :mad:
    Brilliant game though.

Advertisement