Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish Japenese Importers

Options
  • 03-11-2005 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend Jap importers in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

there's a big one in killbarack industrial estate in North Dublin but I dont have or know of anyone that has imported with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

www.nrgautos.com - wont rob you bling like some of the cowboys out there and a nice guy to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Old Baen Car Sales in Tallaght, Swords Motors (DB Swords), Madison Motors in Swords and Southside Automotive, and Merlin Car Auctions sell them on Saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Southside Automotive.

Buyer beware with this crowd,Ive looked at some VERY dodgy cars there before which im sure were previously crashed even tho the salesman tried to deny it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

i looked at a civic in southside automotive and it was idleing at 2k revs, the salesman tried to convince me this is normal. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

GT Central - 0864008181 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Where is GT Central slash?? ANy website? Or do they import based on requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Is it worth importing a car from Jap tho....Am not after high performance just something nice and reliable. GF will not let me have a bike instead she said why not get a performance car.

Toyota Celia.
    Toyota MR2. (Old Type).
    Toyota Supra.
    Honda Integra. (New Type).

Beautiful Cars....

But are they ok to run....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kluivert defo get the new shape integra.thats defo going to be my next car. i really love them. seen a blue one around and they got lovely red seats.
    would you get a new one or second hand.
    they are around 22000-24000 in ireland for 2001+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Japnuts in bray

or try it yourself....it's relatively painless
    www.bestjapancar.com
    www.kbccars.com
    www.japan-partner.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

The DC5 integra is a gorgeous car but id say it can be thirsty as its a 2.0.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

eireal wrote:
    Buyer beware with this crowd,Ive looked at some VERY dodgy cars there before which im sure were previously crashed even tho the salesman tried to deny it
    Agreed, a lot of their cars are low auction grades/accident repaired by the look of them. Those kind of cars go for very little money in Japan, so bigger profits are there to be made. One Integra I saw there had been smacked in the front quite badly. They don't have the auction reports on the cars. They and others buy many of their cars off the boat so your paying another level of money again for them.

I've said it before on the motors forum, research the car you want and insist, insist, insist on an auction report if you're buying from a dealer. If they don't have it walk away. The usual excuses of "we don't get them, you wouldn't understand them", etc. are bull.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I find that the dealers now only seem to deal with MPVs, altezzas, off roaders and celica/integras.
    I never see Corollas or large saloons/estates. Lately ive seen some non japanese cars but are japanese imports like a Hyundai accent complete with
    the 4 door visors and the colourful english on the bodywork. Also the average age of imports seems to be 97 or 98. Ive seen a few 04s though

• Registered Users Posts: 10 disposition

I find that you can get a better value through private sellers... what kind of car are you looking for? I know a few people who have bought cars in Japan and are selling them, due to various reasons, for very reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

eireal wrote:
    www.nrgautos.com - wont rob you bling like some of the cowboys out there and a nice guy to deal with

they have some very very nice cars! i want that blue silvia!!

i've looking at imported cars for age and have to say am very weary of them, i wouldn't know much when it comes to them but some of them look dodgy!

I'm currently looking at importing a Jap Integra through one of these Jap importers. I'm after an black Integra SiR-G, or an Si-VTEC model, around the 95 - 97 age group.

People like NRG autos are places I'm considering. Tell me why you think some of the cars are dodgy? NRG (and probably most importers) have people in Japan who do roadtests to make sure the car is up to standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

some look dodgey and some look fine. A 'dodgy' example i would use is Motorpoint Naas Rd, if you look at them ALL of their cars have something wrong with the body work somewhere, which i would think would be a sign of damage that has been repaired, so they buy them damaged, repair (sort of) them and sell them on for a higher margin than a grade 4 car would sell.

Dagon wrote:
    I'm currently looking at importing a Jap Integra through one of these Jap importers. I'm after an black Integra SiR-G, or an Si-VTEC model, around the 95 - 97 age group.

People like NRG autos are places I'm considering. Tell me why you think some of the cars are dodgy? NRG (and probably most importers) have people in Japan who do roadtests to make sure the car is up to standard.

We've bought all our cars ourselves from Japan, not via any company, there are loads of advantages, such as cheaper costs, you see yourself what kind of cars are out there and what you can choose from. An example of a 'sporty' car that we bought would be Evo and Impreza, it takes a while for them to arrive, but sure, it's worth it. Much cheper, I'll say again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Dispostion

How hard is it to buy from Japan personally and not via one of these import companies. What do you need to know and how can a person like myself search and buy a Honda Integra DC5 or an MX5 from Japan.

Is there any sites that can advise on japanese importing.

I know about the auction Grades but thats just about it. 5 being really good downwards like.

kluivert wrote:
    Dispostion

How hard is it to buy from Japan personally and not via one of these import companies. What do you need to know and how can a person like myself search and buy a Honda Integra DC5 or an MX5 from Japan.

Is there any sites that can advise on japanese importing.

I know about the auction Grades but thats just about it. 5 being really good downwards like.

We import cars ourselves and if you want I can give you the terms and conditions, just pm me if you're interested. Basically, we require a deposit of you, if you are going to participate, I'll give a code to one of the auctions and you can see what kind of cars are out there. I reckon you don't know the price range, or do you ? Also, you will be paying the interest and other costs that are associated with it, which total to less than a 1000.Then there is shipping, our own cost and then it's up to you to pay for the VRT. If you want to check out the VRT go to www.ros.ie

So anyway, if you want to know more, email me or pm...

• Advertisement

Just done a check around with the different importers, and the best quote I had for an Integra SiR was from nrgautos.com - very competitive prices!

Some of those guys are really taking the piss though. I mean selling a mid to late 90s 1.6 dual carb integra for around 9000? Or late 90's Type Rs for over 10,000?:eek: These guys are making a big profit, but my advice is to shop around, you can get some good deals too ;) Ebay is also worth considering.

Also worth nothing that you can't expect to get the same money for a Jap car as it's Irish counterpart when you want to sell it on - even when it's fully loaded. So if you spend a lot on importing a Jap car through one of these expensive importers, you will never get that money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

why import it cost to much and most of the imported cars are stolen anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Dead wrote:
    why import it cost to much and most of the imported cars are stolen anyways

YEA! :rolleyes:

We dont make cars in Ireland, so importing is our only choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Wow, that generalisation was so broad I can't see the sides! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Dead wrote:
    My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.
    And the reason is getting very obvious :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well nrgautos would be the place i'd go!! He is good at what he does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement