Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed my plant meths

Options
  • 03-11-2005 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

As the subject suggests...I fed a fern I have some methylated spirits last week by accident. What I thought was a bottle of mixed plant food turned out to be a bottle of meths that my girlfriend had put there after she'd finished a job she was doing.
    Anyway I did this about a week ago and a lot of leaves are dropping off since. I just wanted to see if anybody knew whether my plant has any chance of pulling through. Is there anything I could do to save it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I would suggest removing it from the soil (shudda done this immediatley) and put its roots in clean water for a day.
    Throw out the old soil and clean out the pot, and then replant it, making sure it gets lots of water.

Cross your fingers, as I wouldn't hold out much hope for it. Although, I did manage once to save a plant that had been sprayed with round-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 regular john

Cheers Prospect. I'll give it a go. Was guessing that plants mightn't like alcohol.

Looks like I sent another plant to it's maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well,

How is the plant getting along?

Advertisement