Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Seuss, any Fans?

Options
  • 03-11-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I was looking at some Anarchist website and I found a page dedicated to Dr. Seuss' 'Yertle the Turtle', I read it for the first time in years and it's BRILLIANT, as allot of his other stuff, I'd forgotten how great the chap was, or perhaps assumed that his appeal was limited to the young. I'd go so far as to say that you get more out of it when your older.
    Remember remember the first of Octember!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

YUP! Love the stuff! Kids can't get enough either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yep, I think it's great.

I remember being impressed when I was younger that he could get such variety in his sentences while using a restricted vocabulary. I still find it fascinating.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I loved Green Eggs and Ham. It was one of my favourite books for years, and I still like reading it when I see it lying around in book shops. My own copy got lost or destroyed many years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I loved Green Eggs and Ham. It was one of my favourite books for years.

me too!
    I borrowed it from the library, used to go back every few weeks so they would just stamp it, I had it out for months! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 GumDropButtons

I was always a Cat in the Hat man myself....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Misumi

There's A Wocket in My Pocket is one of my favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Oh I love Dr. Seuss! Cat in the Hat was my all-time favorite! :D A lot of my friends think the books and drawings were weird, but I like words, so that's probably why I took a liking to it as a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

I was always a Cat in the Hat man myself....
    Yeah,lunatic but great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

The Lorax and The Sneetchs are two of my favourites. Ah the memories :rolleyes:

Advertisement