Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris on New Years

Options
  • 02-11-2005 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey!

Really need help with suggestions for New Year's Eve in Paris. Going there with my boyfriend for a week and would like to do something nice. And obviously a bit different to the norm of pub and club we've come accustomed to here.

Any other suggestions of restaurants or general sights we should take in during the week would also be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

Had a bad experience of Paris on News Years Eve. There was a big street party with fireworks on the Champs Elyese, all good fun and met some nice people. However we see there was a big police presence (most wearing riot gear) standing about in the side streets. We were right at the top just underneath the Arch de Triomph and just as countdown for the year was over all these ****ing scumbags started throwing bottles and knocking the crap out of people. Then the police waded in, leading to running battles with all these scumbags. As we tried to get dowen to the metro in a huge squash there were ****ers down there to, the police eventually disperesed them with teargas. Basically it was a riot!!

I'm not trying to put you off, but I would definetely avoid this place on New Years Eve. We had one of greatest days I can remember turned into one of the scariest situations I've ever been in. Maybe they've sorted it out since (Xmas 2003) but my advice is to stay away from here.

The Eiffel Tower is supposed to be great on New Years, again there's fireworks and shows and stuff. i was sorry we didn't go there instead.

Advertisement