Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 PS2 DVD Size?

Options
  • 02-11-2005 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

What size is the PES5 dvd for the PS2?
    Me hopes it's less than 4.7 on a single layer dvd...

Thanks,
    Hakko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Whys that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

??
    Why the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Just interested,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do i hear the sound of a dvd burning?

Yarr

Doesn't actually sound like a dvd burning..but I am thinking of it cause If i get the game I will be backing it up cause I live with a load of Sh1tes in college that don't have any respect for my discs..I have alreday lost NFSU1 to them but this wont be the case with PES5 cause I'll be playing the copy all the time and keeping the original under lock and key....
    Sooo How big is the disk could someone just pop it in their drive and check the size in my computer...

Hakko

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    do i hear the sound of a dvd burning?
    [/URL]
    Doesn't actually sound like a dvd burning..but I am thinking of it cause If i get the game I will be backing it up...

Do I hear the sound of a big lock and key?

Got the keys, threw em away. Need the lock

Doesn't actually sound like a dvd burning..but I am thinking of it cause If i get the game I will be backing it up cause I live with a load of Sh1tes in college that don't have any respect for my discs..I have alreday lost NFSU1 to them but this wont be the case with PES5 cause I'll be playing the copy all the time and keeping the original under lock and key....
    Sooo How big is the disk could someone just pop it in their drive and check the size in my computer...

Hakko

Why don't you pop your disk in your computer to find out? Hardly that difficult is it?

obviously I wouldn't have started this thread if I had the disk you flute..
    Actually forget it everybody..

Ok then, buy it, chance it and then see what happens.

• Advertisement

Surely you know that a PS2 can play CDs and DVDs..... its a universal size (as indicated by the DVD and CD logos on the side of the machine).
    No need to call people "flutes" either... you tin whistle

Buy it?Gee never even thaught of it!
    Thanks kensutz.....

yes I know that but did you know that there are numerous types of DVD media..dvd+r/w dvd-r/w then theres dual layer dvd's that can store up to 8.5GB and that is why I was wondering the size of the DVD. Some of the newer games with better graphics are on DL dvds. I just wanted to know if I was going to have to buy a blank DL DVD+R disc along with my purchase of PES5 (Thanks again Kensutz!)

Also some PS2 prefer dvd+r's to dvd+r's and vice versa...

Hakko

Hopefully this will be locked soon. If I was still the hosted mod I'd have it gone already. To be fair I think the size of the game would hardly be off putting for me not to buy it.

Kensutz please read into things a little more...
    I WAS CURIOUS NOTHING LESS NOTHING MORE, I AM STILL GOING TO BUY THE DAMN GAME....

And I also don't see the need to lock the thread..why do you..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

You just wanna know cuz your gonna go down to xtra vision & rent it out so they can have it under lock & key once you've copied it :rolleyes:

If not go get it off them & see the size before you buy. Chances are that you wont be able to play it online though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a redundant thread. The only way the size of the data on disk is relevant is if you are going to back it up, and the only way you could legally back it up is if you you owned a copy. If you owned a copy, you could check the size yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

He has a point :-)

Also some PS2 prefer dvd+r's to dvd+r's and vice versa...

Hakko

They seem to be the same dvd types. I prefer to have original dvds in my playstation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement