Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw 2

Options
  • 02-11-2005 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

If you've seen Cube then don't bothergoing to this, its a rip of all its good ideas, if you've not then still don't bother cos its just not very good :),

It also has the most screaming I've ever seen, er heard, in a movie, God they never shut up, just die already!, and I wont mention the HUGE plotholes. Anyhoo save your movie or an even better idea go see Serenity its class, even if you dont like Sci-fi cos it isnt really...
    alright it is, but go see it, you'll thank me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really liked it...I wouldnt call it a ripoff of cube either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

A disparate group of people locked in a series of interconnected rooms which are loaded with bobby traps not knowing why they're there and who put them there, with one person who may have the know how to help them escape...sounds alot like Cube to me...Ok Cube plus serial killer then.

I'm glad you liked it, I felt it was hackneyed tho. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I don't get the Cube comparison. Who could have helped them get out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The handicaped guy and the teen girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Come on now. Everyone knows Cube is a rip off of Home Alone.
    Two guys lured into a house with interconnecting rooms which are loaded with bobby traps not knowing why they're there and who put them there ...etc etc ;)

That's a really lame (and not really valid) excuse to not see this movie. Saw II is much more than people wandering around a house finding booby traps. There can also be no comparison between the booby traps in Cube and Saw II. I'll admit that Cube would make a very good Jigsaw trap but that's it. Saw goes beyond the traps which is what makes it so different. The
    guy going mad towards the end is no reason for a comparison either. That happens is so many movies that it's unfair to say they ripped it from Cube.
    Also, who could have helped them (in Saw II) get out that leads you the comparison with Cube? It was all in their own hands. They knew what they had to do, noone was going to (or could) help them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I thought Saw2 was really woeful.
    Aside from the fact that the last words in it were "Game Over!" and a nu-metal promplty kicked in during the credits, it was a bit of a Cube rip-off.
    Come on, the burly ethnic minority guy goes nuts and tries to kill everyone?
    A group of people who have to work together to escape a prison full of traps?
    It was just naff, in any case, the twists in it were so contrived.
    Saw1 was slightly less bad. At least it actually had relevance to saws, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have to agree somewhat. While I really enjoyed Saw 1, the sequel was a film that never should have happened. It was gory for the sake of being gory, nowhere near as clever as it's predecessor, and the twist was so obvious.

Avoid. Should have gone to see Corpse Bride....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Saw 1 wasn't bad, well watchable stuff.
    Saw 2 is getting some good reviews but in my opinion is average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

First Saw was good. I loved both Cube movies. So sounds like I'd like this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pure muck tbqh.

should have spent last night studying for a damn exam today

:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    First Saw was good. I loved both Cube movies. So sounds like I'd like this too.
    there was a 3rd cube movie Cube Zero, but it was about as good as saw 2, so forget about it. tried to explain everything too much and ended up making a mess of it all. aside from that it was as boring as hell with nothing new, and not even enough of the same stuff in the other movies.

saw 2 was okay for a bit of mindless horror (i've certainly seen a lot worse) but there was nothing particularly new, and the obligatory twist in the end was only minor and not really much of a surprise.

4.5 out of 10 from me

Advertisement