Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling on cork

Options
  • 02-11-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I am going to be tiling the floor of a new apartment this weekend. The problem is the floor is fitted with cork tiles glue fixed to the concrete (sound proofing). Can I tile over the cork and if so, what special measure do I take or should i remove the cork and tile as normal.
    All suggestions will appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

oneillk wrote:
    I am going to be tiling the floor of a new apartment this weekend. The problem is the floor is fitted with cork tiles glue fixed to the concrete (sound proofing). Can I tile over the cork and if so, what special measure do I take or should i remove the cork and tile as normal.
    All suggestions will appreciated!!!!

Leave the cork, tile as normal. Just be aware that the lazy builders have probably not fully scraped the floor clear of debris before they glued the cork down, so you might have to cuts litlle bumps out as you lay the tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

you might want to use flexible adhesive and grout also

Advertisement