Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Way value / No return valve for Kitchen exhaust vent

Options
  • 02-11-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Minor problem with our new house, the outlet for the kitchen exhaust is on the south facing side of the house. It comes out throught the eaves. During the weekend, with all that lovely wind blowing from the south, there was a bad draft and noise coming from the inlet in the kitchen.
    Is there anything similar to a no return valve that we can put in the duct to stop the wind coming back up the duct?

Thanks
    B

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Had the same problem myself Bogger with the duct in the en-suite - boy was it cold at 4 in the morning.

You need one of these: a back-draught shutter @ £5 each. I did try my local Heatmerchants/Chadwicks/builders providers and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I ended up ordering from the TLC website, arrived on my desk two days later - no more cold bathroom :rolleyes:

Note the link above is for the 4 inch version, the model number for the 5 inch is SLCM130 from the same site.

S.

Note: if you have the problem in your house your neighbours probably do too - maybe save on postage by ordering a few at a time and get them to chip in...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

The house is a one off, so no neighbors with the same problem. Will need to get 3 of them 2 bathrooms and kitchen. Now to get up into the loft and measure the diameter.

Thanks for the link.

Advertisement