Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Amd Athlon 64 X2 mother board

Options
  • 01-11-2005 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

As the title says what is the very best and most overclockable mother board for an Amd Athlon 64 X2? I am going building a dual core rig very soon! I will buying everything bit by bit! I already have a deal going with Jammer for the case! Hope to have it by the close of the week.

Anyhow I would like to hear what is the mother board for an Amd Athlon 64
    X2 because I will need to save up for it! Any recommendations on what would be the best setup for a danger den water cooling setup as well? I need to start getting prices for all this and start saving and buying bit by bit up to the new year!

Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Best overclocking mobo is the DFI Lanparty nF4 series. Go for whichever suits you, e.g Ultra D = no SLI, 4 SATA; SLI-D = SLI, 4 SATA; SLI-DR = SLI, 8 SATA

I have a brand new Danger Den Maze4 CPU block and cylinder res that I will sell for cost if you want them - it's a start. I intended to use them on my system which is now broken up and sold off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

This is the CPU block, and this is the res.

How much for them? Do they including the piping etc? What do you think that mb above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

WizZard wrote:
    This is the CPU block, and this is the res.

Whats cost for these? Would give ya €55 for both. Would have to be next friday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Asus A8N32-SLI ?

How much for them? Do they including the piping etc? What do you think that mb above?
    I'd be looking for >= E60 for them. No tubing inlcuded, 1/2" fittings.

Jammer, I'll let galwaydude18 decide first.
    Might even put up a thread on the FS forum if there is interest.

Ya id be interested but it would be at least two weeks until I could pay for it so it's up to you what you want to do wizzard! Any thoughts on the mb I put a link up to?

WizZard wrote:
    I'd be looking for >= E60 for them. No tubing inlcuded, 1/2" fittings.

Jammer, I'll let galwaydude18 decide first.
    Might even put up a thread on the FS forum if there is interest.

I'd give ya 60 for em, if if galway dude doesnt want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Any thoughts on the mb I put a link up to?

should be fine for overclocking an X2 with latest bios installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I hate danger den res. I have one and the bastard took nearly a day to stop leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

The Maze4 is a nice block I was impressed with the one I used.

I've got a spare DD dual floppy bay res if anyone wants it. Come to think of it I've a whole cpu, gfx and dual 120mm rad with push pull panaflos lying spare but it's modded into a P160 :/

BeatFreak wrote:
    The Maze4 is a nice block I was impressed with the one I used.

I've got a spare DD dual floppy bay res if anyone wants it. Come to think of it I've a whole cpu, gfx and dual 120mm rad with push pull panaflos lying spare but it's modded into a P160 :/

id take the res + any other watercooling gear ur throwing out ;) if u can deliver (dublin 6 area) laid up on crutches at d mo

i'd take the rad, how much ya lookin for it?

That's the problem it's modded into a P160 and I'd really rather not take it apart, see here for pics

BeatFreak wrote:
    That's the problem it's modded into a P160 and I'd really rather not take it apart, see here for pics

what about the DD dual floppy bay res ????

I have a spare one of those alright could sell it if your interested.

BeatFreak wrote:
    I have a spare one of those alright could sell it if your interested.

how much? does it leak at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Mythago

My 4400 X2 is running pretty sweetly on my a8v deluxe.... Got a new DFI rdx200 to upgrade but had to rma immediatley cos 2 sata connectors were broken off :(

gline wrote:
    how much? does it leak at all?

Haven't used it yet, but the previous one I had never leaked. PM sent with details anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The Epox NF4 boards are excellent overclockers and cheap too.

Advertisement