Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standardised spec for new kitchen..

Options
  • 01-11-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

The kitchen contractor my builders are using have slapped in a kitchen into my new house. The slot that they have left for the oven is less than the standard slot which should be 600x600x600. There is a standard for this sort of thing (ISO 3055:1985 - Kitchen equipment -- Coordinating sizes).

Getting to the point....

I don't much like the kitchen (it seemed alright when i saw it in the showhouse originally - but then everything does..) and would rather take the allowance of €2000. The slot for the oven means I can't get the type of oven that i want (double oven with ceramic hob). Whats the chances I can make them take the damn thing out and give me the allowance? At the very least, do I have a case for making them fix it so that there is a standard slot?
    Do ISO standards carry any weight? There is a health & safety aspect in that if there isnt sufficient space left around the oven, theres a greater potential for overheating/fire.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I would rekon they would either change it to the proper size or if they want to be lazy about it just give you the allowance to shut you up.. If it were me I would insist on the standard size. It would make things much simpler for you.

Advertisement