Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a PSU

Options
  • 01-11-2005 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

This has probably been done to death before, but with search being broken, I can't find the old threads.
    Recommend me a decent ATX power supply please.
    I need the following features:
    450W+ (the more the merrier, as long as its not complete bull**** Qtec style ratings)
    Decent amount of molex connectors, SATA connectors not that important but nice to have
    PCI-E graphics card power connector
    A bit of noise is tolerable unless it sounds like a jet engine
    cost less than 100 euros.

It will be powering an Athlon64 3200+, 3 IDE hard disks, an nvidia 6800GT, CDRW/DVDRW, motherboard chipset (abit an8) and 2 or 3 fans.

My current no-name 450W ball of ****e has actually been doing a decent job, no complaints about it yet besides the miserly number of molex connectors (y-splitters a go go), but the addition of the PCI-E 6800GT and having NO BLOODY WAY TO POWER IT properly has prompted an upgrade.
    I know you can get adaptor cables for the 6-pin PCI-E power connector, which I would use in the short term, but I figure i might as well upgrade the whole PSU while I'm at it.

This looks decent to me, but I never heard of "NorthQ" before. Would hate to buy one and find out they're the new Qtec. That particular one is sold out on Komplett at the moment.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement