Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pheasant Season

• 01-11-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

well anyone shoot any today i got 2 might post some pics later

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No but this is one season I love... Probably wont get to go for another while either... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

hello what a long day, got 4 :D missed 2 :mad: met more people in the fields today than you would in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Had a good day of sport, 2 cocks and a bonus of 2 mallard !

Running out of land rapidly. Fields I shot game in last year now have a crop of houses growing in them. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Shot 3 and won third longest cock in this village. A great day.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

macnas wrote:
    ...won third longest cock in this village. A great day.:D

Must resist......

must resist......

Aaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh.............
    manwithhugecock.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

was my first time ever shootin a pheasant not many around the area i shoot in plus the dog is a right egit but local clubs must have released alot of them heres some pics lucky i brought my phone with me

me with the bird
    011120050057cr.jpg
    2 pheasants i got and dad shot 2 snipe we got 2 rabbits as well
    011120050080zy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

myself, brother and father go out together, sometimes my dad drops my brother and myself off a few miles away and we work our way towards him. Were out bright and early on the 1st, standing in a field waiting for day break.... over the course of the day we got 11. we have 3 dogs, german pointer, english setter and a springer, use them in rotation depending on what kind of area we are hunting... saw 5 hares, whick was nice but we never shoot them. Plus we never tell anyone else where we saw them as we don't want the coursing guys to get their gruddy hands on them !

we do it sort of casually have a bit of a rutine walk the bog and creep down to the pond as long as we get a duck or some snipe every now and again we're happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

saw 5 hares, whick was nice but we never shoot them. Plus we never tell anyone else where we saw them as we don't want the coursing guys to get their gruddy hands on them !
    [/QUOTE]

missed some good eating and shooting in them.Hares can be tricky shots and they are exellent[and expensive] game to order in resturants.Jugged hare......drooll[Homer Simpson style]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

between two of us we got 3 pheasants and one duck. Shoot two more pheasants but could not find them. One landed near a steam, he may have landed into the water and have been washed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

No way dude, let the Hare live... my Baretta semi-automatic will never shoot one of them, a fox, magpie, grey crow, rat definitely........... and a cormorant if one comes near me on the river.... they are the worst, eat all the trout in the rivers.....dam vermin !!

shot a couple of comerants last season when i was out they're a nusiance would shoot the odd hare but would not go out to shoot them

Advertisement