Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cement Mixer- Anyone bought one

Options
  • 01-11-2005 3:15pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Am looking to get my hands on a cement mixer for doing the footpaths and screeding upstairs, anyone buy one already, where did you pick it up, what sort of money?
    A petrol one is what I am looking for.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Hi Yop, A Belle Petrol Mixer should set you back around €770 incl Vat. They are a good reliable mixer.

As an alternative, you could contact your local hire company and see if they are selling off or are willing to sell off any second hand ones. Just make sure the gear box is OK on it as this is all that really goes wrong. The engines usually last longer than the mixer.;)

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Hi Yop,
    These guys have a pretty good selection and they deliver nationwide. They have more stuff than is listed on the website but you have to call them, I think they may also do secondhand stuff.
    F.
    http://www.cavanagri.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Might seem like a stupid suggestion but when in the local pub ask a few farmer types if they know anyone who has a mixer for sale. I bought one a few years ago for 40 quid. It looked very ratty but still works. Also for the amount of work you listed maybe hire one or one of the aforementioned farmer types may loan you one for a few pints if they know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Yop,

I just bought a Belle petrol mixer a couple of weeks ago with a Robin engine (made by Subaru), Castleblaney Hire are selling them for 735 yoyo's. I priced one with a Honda engine from a local and fairly large hire shop and it was almost 900.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads, will ring around and see what is out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement