Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSD Certification

Options
  • 01-11-2005 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Where in Ireland can I study for the MCSD exams?
    Can I study at home and then sit the MCSD exams anywhere in Ireland?
    Can I complete the MCSD exams online?
    What are the costs involved?
    Regards,
    BungieJumper

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi,
    Where in Ireland can I study for the MCSD exams?
    Can I study at home and then sit the MCSD exams anywhere in Ireland?
    Can I complete the MCSD exams online?
    What are the costs involved?
    Regards,
    BungieJumper

Here is the MSCD homepage. If the MCSD is anything like the MCSE, then it is a multiple choice question test. I doubt you can do the test online, as you could easily have the MSDN documentation open at the same time! You can download sample tests though, to see what level you are at.

The tests themselves probably aren't too expensive, but if you need to go on a course to learn a technology, this can add up - going rate is normally 2-5K for a 3-5 day course.

If you are employed in a development environment, then I would recommend speaking to your boss and/or HR manager and asking if they pay for the course text books, software etc.

I would recommend you look at the link I gave you, there seems to be a lot of information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Trampas

Its around €200 an exam €190 i think it was last.

You can study at home but exams must be done in a test centre.

multiple choice questions. You need more than 40% to pass. Up here the 70% or 80% to pass.

Can be more than 1 right answer to the question and if there is 2 right answers you must give the 2 answers.

If you search hard enough on the net you can find the questions but i wouldn't recommend learning them off and not learning the area as you will be find out in the future.

Books can be bought for each exam which i would recommend you buy.

Get the job to pay for it.

Finally when you pass look for that pay rise :D

Advertisement