Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heptagram (split from Samhain)

Options
  • 26-10-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Also on a completely unrelated note, is anyone aware of the symbolism attached to a heptagram (7-sided star) just curious as i seem to be seing it a lot lateley....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I know it is used by some of the Witchcraft traditions that refer to themselves as "Faery Wicca" and the Blue Star tradition of Wicca.

I have heard it is used by the OTO though as something worn I think I've only seen OTO members wear nonagrams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Ruadan wrote:
    Also on a completely unrelated note, is anyone aware of the symbolism attached to a heptagram (7-sided star) just curious as i seem to be seing it a lot lateley....
    In magick all numbers have meaning. The Qabalah, one of the pillars of Western magick, can be reduced to a system of numerical correspondences. The simplest way to represent any number, aside from using a group of identical forms amounting to that number, is through a geometric shape. Any number can be expressed as a star with sides of equal length and evenly spaced vertices.

The most commonplace attribution of the number seven in magickal systems with which I am familiar is that of the classical planets: Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

I remember a girl walked into my old job before wearing a beautiful 7-sided star necklace. When I asked her if it represented anything she said she had been told it represented the 7 days of creation as is found in genesis.

Neil

Advertisement