Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrated dishwasher placement

Options
  • 01-11-2005 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all

I've (almost) completed fiting my kitchen and the only thing in the way of fixing the last 2 is that I am unsure of where one HAS to place the dishwasher. Does it have to be next to the sink (where the outlet pipes etc are) or can I have another unit between it and the sink ?

thanks
    GP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I don't think there are any regs on the subject. My dishwasher is nowhere near my sink. The only problem is the pipes.I happen to have three external walls in the kitchen so it was easier the it would be for some.
    If you are working out you kicthen design you do know about the functional triangle thing to help you work out where things go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

GP wrote:
    or can I have another unit between it and the sink ?

Yes, From left to right in my kitchen (all on the external wall),
    1. Full Height unit with fridge & microwave
    2. Dishwasher
    3. 4 drawer pack
    4. Double unit with sink on top
    5. The rest of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

prospect wrote:
    Yes, From left to right in my kitchen (all on the external wall),
    1. Full Height unit with fridge & microwave
    2. Dishwasher
    3. 4 drawer pack
    4. Double unit with sink on top
    5. The rest of it....

excellent thanks!

Was sure that it was juts a matter of lengthening outlet pipe / inlet water pipe to make up for the added distance but was not 100% sure.

Thansk again.
    GP

Advertisement