Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house fludded

Options
  • 01-11-2005 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Last night my house fludded and so i got the fire bregade to come over and pump the water out of my house.

1st thing do they charge to do that?
    2nd thing i still have in the lowest part of my house 2 inc of water its in kind of a celler area so can not cyfin it out. would anyone have a underwater pump that i could borrow or rent of them?

Would pick it up off them if willing to lend it to me i am Dublin 6?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭kiss103

both argos and b&q do sump pumps for under 50 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

What you need is a puddle pump or a residue pump which will remove all water. Standard Sub pump will always leave a residue or about 25mm of water. These are available from most hire companies for about €50/day but ask for discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

namit wrote:
    Last night my house fludded and so i got the fire bregade to come over and pump the water out of my house.

1st thing do they charge to do that?
    2nd thing i still have in the lowest part of my house 2 inc of water its in kind of a celler area so can not cyfin it out. would anyone have a underwater pump that i could borrow or rent of them?

Would pick it up off them if willing to lend it to me i am Dublin 6?

Dublin area, don't think the FB charge for call outs.

Try your local hire centre for the pump, you'll get the use of a bigger pump for the same price as buying one

Advertisement