Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people doing electrical engineering

Options
  • 30-10-2005 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

looking for a but of feedback of people doing the course

ive been hearing its a pretty hard course is it immpossibly hard i mean im not the top student in all my classes but i get on grand i can understand everything going on problem is stickin my head down and doing some work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

In final year now and i thought i would never get here, i am evidence that it is not an impossibly hard course.

You know when they say "If you like problem solving, then you will like this", its true. I dont like problem solving, read from that what you like.

Only do the course if you are prepared to have a limited social life in college. The hours are long, the projects and assignments are tedious and are always building up. Dead lines every other week in 2nd and 3rd year.

The rewards are that you will get a job easily enough on the degree alone (arts students generally have to do more than just a degree, engineers dont like arts), the money will be good and you will be able to travel.

PM me if u have any specific questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Apollonaire

It is hard work even if you do like it and have the ability. As Solice said expect a hard slog. It has loads of practical work and it is not one of those courses where it is wise to leave all the studying till the month off to cram.

That said it is a good course and is considered such by electrical engineering companies.

Advertisement