Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Cork

Options
  • 21-09-2001 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Talk about the Cork Community Owned and run Wireless Wan here .

Damien.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Any news on any Cork LAN meetings soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

nesf, register your interest at the cork community site (http://cork.irishwan.org), and you should be kept informed of any developments. Also keep an eye on this form, and the Cork forum at url yellum posted before.

The best thing as bkehoe said is to look at the website:

http://cork.irishwan.org

Theres now about 15 people interested at the moment. I'd like to get a few more people interested first and then we can all meet and discuss what we're going to do.

Damien.

Done and done, sounds pretty good.

• Advertisement

16 ! Got yer email. You're going to UCC, right ? If so I can meet up with you there and we can have a chat. I'll reply to your email now.

Update: Added locations to the website.
    DM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭corkie

Living within 10 mins of the city centre.

If a Wireless area works out more afforable/reliable than throwing money down the telephone wire. I would sure
    be interested in playing a part in this community venture.

Best regards,
    John.

P.S. I signed up on the irishwan site thinking that would be my registration for the forum. (Also afterwards on the forum)
    So what did I sign into first?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Got your email John, you're living not too far away from me. I'm in Ballintemple and theres some living near Ashton school as well. Can you see into the City Centre ? If you can see anywhere near the TSB bank next to Connolly hall at the end of the South Mall you're sorted !

Damien

Originally posted by yellum
    16 ! Got yer email. You're going to UCC, right ? If so I can meet up with you there and we can have a chat. I'll reply to your email now.

Update: Added locations to the website.
    DM

16???? don't understand that in the slightest!

I'm in and around UCC at the moment if anyone wants to meet up. That said I'll be up in the city for the weekend aswell. Thurs might be a problem, theres a pre-college class get together in rosies (ack yes I know, I have no choice). So perhaps the older ppl could meet up for a pint and a chat about the subject?

16 as in how many people have signed up. Its about 31 now.

Was too busy today to meet you. Nimda and its buddies have made my week a busy week. I'll send u an email about meeting tomorrow sometime.

Damien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well im in cork and intrested . but at the moment im living in digs and dont think the woman would like if i strapped a kick ass attena to the side of the house for my net access . but id love to hear about it as ive promiced that i would be around to help as mutch as i could in the carlow wan when they got the eq rdy .

Elexes, fill in the form on the CorkWan website with your location and details and whether you will be buying equipment or not.

Damien.

Advertisement