Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homemade phone

Options
  • 29-10-2005 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

is it possible to "make" a phone i have a handset (speaker/mic) i just wana be able to hang up dont wanna be able to dial numbers or anything just answer the phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

There used to be phones like that in shops & pubs years ago. Is it just to stop people making calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I know the "Old Eircom" used to provide a line only service that prevented outgoing calls by using a blank disk on the dialler.

The newer way was to ask them to prevent outgoing calls except for emergency services.

I'm sure there is a way of disconnecting the dialling pad on the new type phones, I know there was a cover available for the keypads but it's a while since I have seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

no i dont need to do anything like that im just curious how to do it

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

hang the phone on the ceiling or make those pesky teenagers or constant chatting missus pay the damn bill, that will soon keep them of the phone. Alternatively install a payphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you can get covers phones, my mate's dad had one years ago.

all the buttons covered except the 9.

you can still make calls by tapping the receiver, so needless to say, the receiver was knackered.

payphones your best bet, i'd start with ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Yes it's possible but you are not supposed to connect non approved equipment ot the public telephone system. To be honest its much cheaper and easier to buy one ot those 10 or 12 euro cheapo phones.

is was really looking for the wiring diagram for one of these just to have it on a switch or something co you can answer it

Advertisement