Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice: seeing trails?

Options
  • 28-10-2005 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I caught a mouse in a trap, and am 90% sure the rest of his family are still under the floor. But I don't know where to put the traps without knowing where they're running.

I know that mice leave a trail of urine as they run, to mark their way. Is there any way to see these trails, for instance with ultraviolet light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Mice generally run along next to the wall, and generally along the same path. So put your trap next to the wall. Where did you catch the first one? Wherever he came up, the rest will proba`bly come up the same place too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

yea or look out for the corners with the most mouse ****! worked for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Caught the first one beside the fridge, but no little sisters have come that way in three days.

Hmm. I'll trawl for mouse ****, but it'll be hard to see on my (a) wooden (b) dog-hairy floor. Good tip, though! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spidy

sprinkle your floor with talcum powder before you go to bed, if theres mice you'll see the trails and where there coming from.another good tip,never use the trap twice. thay say thay can smell there dead buddies!and won't go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Create a corral along the run with a box of washing powder & in case the mouse jumps the trap, use two in series directly after each other. I had a mouse that educated himself from watching the rest of his troop getting killed, & he used to jump the first..

Dont' forget Peanut butter or rasher rind. If your dog licks the trap he won't like peanut butter anymore!

• Advertisement
Advertisement