Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows as Gaeilge

Options
  • 27-10-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I have taken a intrest in irish in the last few years and decided to install irish on this computer of mine and Im very happy with the decision.

I contact Microsoft and they said that you can download two bits of software that will convert XP into Irish and Office into Irish.

You can find the software here..

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/gaeilge/

A note about installing it. It wont work unless you are offline so disconnect your internet.

Microsoft promises far better support for Irish with Windows Vista. Basically you will be able to switch into Irish without rebooting. There are supposed to be other features as well but I dont know what they are yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

fuinneoig 1.1! Argh what a thought... well 'úll' users have been able to have a little gaeilge in their lives for a good while now... why are microsoft always so far behind (rhetorical question) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Its done pretty well i must add. A lot of the stuff I dont understand though and it would be great if someone could produce a word doc with screen shots of in English and in Irish of all the window interfaces. That would be pretty big though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Maskhadov wrote:
    Its done pretty well i must add. A lot of the stuff I dont understand though and it would be great if someone could produce a word doc with screen shots of in English and in Irish of all the window interfaces. That would be pretty big though.

Just use this site http://www.englishirishdictionary.com/

You might aswell study the more common dialogue boxes

Advertisement