Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow at New Years

Options
  • 27-10-2005 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Myself, my boyfriend and another couple will be in Glasgow from Dec 28th for 5 nights. Out flights and hotel are booked we'll be staying in the city centre, any recommendations for how we can entertain ourselves, where to go/where not to etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

It is supposed to be ****ing cold in January but anyway.

01.There is a train going from Glasgow Central to Largs. Largs is a small village on the firth of clyde just 50 minutes by train from Glasgow. It hasn't got that much to offer BUT one can go to the other side of the sea by boat (takes only 10 minutes) and one can set food on a picturesque island "The isle of cambrea", where you could rent a bike and go off yourself or spend some time in the town of Millport on the island.

02. The train from Glasgow Central to Edinburghtakes almost 2 hrs. while the train from Glasgow Victoriaonly takes 45 minutes. The city is quite nice and if all else fails it has the Glasgow Dungeonswhich are way better than the London Dungeons for instance.

www.reisenzeigen.de (search for SCHOTTLAND 2005) for prices. The report there is in German but the prices are "international".

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

Floopy wrote:
    Myself, my boyfriend and another couple will be in Glasgow from Dec 28th for 5 nights. Out flights and hotel are booked we'll be staying in the city centre, any recommendations for how we can entertain ourselves, where to go/where not to etc.

You'll have a great time, Athlete are playing in George Square too.
    Click below for details, looks good....

http://www.glasgowshogmanay.org.uk/hogmanay05/downloads/hogmanay05new.pdf

Advertisement