Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Verdict?

Options
  • 27-10-2005 11:30am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so it's been out for nearly a week, I got it on Monday and have mixed thoughts about it, but the one thing I think they made a mistake about is that the game has become a non contact sport!

It's very frustrating chasing teams about and my players getting tired cause I can't put in a tackle and I give away a free kick for barely touching them, I can't even get my possesion over 40% at the moment!

Free kicks and corners are much improved now and shots from outside the box, can't wait to get 2 payer games going!

I know it's early days and it'll take a while to get used to but.....:mad: :mad:

What are your thoughts/tactics so far to score goals/defend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mr Moon wrote:
    but the one thing I think they made a mistake about is that the game has become a non contact sport!

It's very frustrating chasing teams about and my players getting tired cause I can't put in a tackle and I give away a free kick for barely touching them, I can't even get my possesion over 40% at the moment!
    Give it time - you have to get used to the proper way to defend.
    It's not like previous versions where you could just run into the player bashing X and take the ball of him.
    You have to wait or run along side the opposition... blocking their path and trying to intercept a possible pass - use the R2 button to change your movement style as your around him.
    At the right moment, move it with a X or [] tackle... or a well timed sliding tackle.
    It took me a few weeks to master it on the PC demo, but I've got the hang of it now.
    It's much better and you really have to focus on more aspects of the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Its not the defencive aspect of my game that I'm struggling with however I'm crap at attacking. I rarely concede a goal playing on 5 star btw, but I find it so hard to find space in the opponents half, I have read the guide over at www.pesfan.com but I just can't create enough time for myself to preform the skills required to create time for a shot or to slip a ball through, mostly winning 1-0 or drawing 0-0 with most of the goals that I score coming from penalties.

The 1-2 and the lofted through ball are much less effective in PES5 and these were the main strong points any hints/tips.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Its not the defencive aspect of my game that I'm struggling with however I'm crap at attacking. I rarely concede a goal playing on 5 star btw, but I find it so hard to find space in the opponents half, I have read the guide over at www.pesfan.com but I just can't create enough time for myself to preform the skills required to create time for a shot or to slip a ball through, mostly winning 1-0 or drawing 0-0 with most of the goals that I score coming from penalties.

The 1-2 and the lofted through ball are much less effective in PES5 and these were the main strong points any hints/tips.

Sounds familiar to my play! Maybe it just takes time, I only turned to PES last year and found it hard to score at first but then the goals flew in!

Can anyone paste up some of that guide? It's blocked in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

-oRnein9- wrote:

practice, practice and more practice.
    Seriously.
    Get to know all the moves well to give you more time with the ball and space to get around the opposition.
    Pass like mad... dont neglect the wings.
    Also... have a pop or two at long rangers... you mightnt score, but you've a better chance of a rebound or corner in this PES.

Overall, I agree it can be harder... but it makes scoring even more sweet!

If you just register for free on the site the guide then becomes viewable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

-oRnein9- wrote:
    If you just register for free on the site the guide then becomes viewable.

My point is that, the site is blocked here in work so I can't get into that site!

I'll have to look it up at home!

whiskeyman wrote:
    practice, practice and more practice.
    Seriously.
    Get to know all the moves well to give you more time with the ball and space to get around the opposition.
    Pass like mad... dont neglect the wings.
    Also... have a pop or two at long rangers... you mightnt score, but you've a better chance of a rebound or corner in this PES.

Overall, I agree it can be harder... but it makes scoring even more sweet!

Will do!

Played my first few non cpu games against a mate tonight , my game is starting to come together even gave him a 4-0 hiding, its so sweet as he was the king at pes4. Ah now back to the master league.

Advertisement