Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crucial ballistix...

Options
  • 26-10-2005 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

any1 using it...and is it worth it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

for yor dfi id recommend, ocz VX or mushkin redline

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

or if you manage to get a board like mine you can kill them all within a month

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

hehe Krazy...whats the board??...thanks g line looking into them both right now:)

hmmm....seems I can only get the redline in 2 512 stick configration here( I'm in Denmark)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

There is a new XP4000 (Redline) 2GB kit, check out Mushkins site. Doesn't have the tight timings though.
    Go for that or the OCZ PC4000 EB 2gb kit for best speeds with 2gb of RAM.

For 1gb only you are spoilt for choice ;)
    Pretty much any OCZ/Mushkin will run fantastic on that board.

• Advertisement

cool..thanks man, was kinda hoping for 2 gigs...so I reckon it's the ocz I'll be going with.
    Plenty of parts suppliers here...I mean at least 50 online alone...but mushkin's very thin on the ground

dfi- nf4 sli-dr. My circumstances are in the rare minority, but the fact is my particcular board fries ram after about a months use if you engage the 4 volt jumper. The new revision of the dfi nf4 boards are supposed to have fixed this oversight

There is a way around that if you have an OCZ Powerstream PSU, you know?

I do and I can. But I wasnt aware till my ocz vx pc4000 in the second slot died a horrible death

ouch :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

4v jumper eh? If it was putting 4v into the RAM i can imagine that it was the volts that killed it, not the board :P

Nah, the 4v jumper allows up to 3.5-4v to the RAM. The VX needs 3.3v to get the tight timings at high speeds.
    There's a slight fault with the jumper/board which means that the voltage is not regulated by the BIOS to the RAM on a cold boot, meaning the RAM can get really high volts for up to a couple of seconds. This kills RAM...

better watch that then

Advertisement