Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror season on C4

Options
  • 26-10-2005 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been watching this ? Theyve been showing horror documentaries each evening and a movie afterwards. 'The real vampire chronicles' was really interesting. All about a teenager who killed his friend and drank his blood. They showed a David Lynch vampire film afterwards. Theres an omen docu on tonight which looks interesting too.

Wed

23:05 The Curse of The Omen (T) An investigation into the jinx alleged to have plagued the filming of movie The Omen. The documentary includes eyewitness accounts of bizarre accidents and deaths during production. Add this TV programme to Myei Send me a SMS reminder Send this to a Friend

00:10 Lost Souls (Premiere) (2000, Horror) Premiere. A motley band of crusading Catholics discover Satan is hatching a plot to attain world domination by inhabiting the body of a man. A series of clues leads them to the most likely candidate - an agnostic journalist who refuses to listen to them. Tepid horror thriller with little original on show. Stars Winona Ryder and Ben Chaplin flounder, while the more talented likes of Philip Baker Hall, Elias Koteas and John Hurt are wasted. Directed by Janusz Kaminski.

Thur

23:10 The Real Silence of the Lambs
    Serial killer Ed Gein shocked the US to its core in the mid 1950s as the dismembered corpses of 15 women were found in his isolated Wisconsin farmhouse. This programme asks what could have driven an apparently mild-mannered farm boy to such levels of depravity.

Sat

21:05 The Perfect Scary Movie (T) Documentary examining the psychological tricks used in horror and suspense films to ensure audiences are suitably terrified. Featuring clips from movies such as Psycho and The Blair Witch Project. Add this TV programme to Myei Send me a SMS reminder Send this to a Friend

23:15 Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later (T) (1998, Horror) Homicidal madman Michael Myers returns to stalk his original target, now an alcoholic teacher, 20 years after his first killing spree. Naturally, he ends up pursuing yet more teenagers, this time around a deserted school, as he hones his murderous skills. By-the-numbers horror sequel with a few knowing nods for the Scream generation. With Jamie Lee Curtis and her real-life mother Janet Leigh, plus Josh Hartnett, Adam Arkin and Michelle Williams. Directed by Steve Miner.

Sun

00:05 Audition (1999, Horror) A lonely widower is persuaded to seek female company, and becomes attracted to a mysterious and strikingly beautiful dancer after seeing her audition for a film. He begins courting her, but never suspects she hides terrifying secrets in her past. Controversial Japanese director Takashi Miike's compelling horror, featuring a horribly realistic violent assault which is not for the faint-hearted. Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina and Jun Kunimura star. Directed by Takashi Miike. Add this TV programme to Myei Send me a SMS reminder Send this to a Friend

02:10 Earth v The Spider (Teletext) (Premiere) (2001, Horror) Premiere. A comic-book fan is injected with an experimental serum, and soon develops the characteristics of a spider. But he's no Spider-Man, and it's not long before his arachnid side threatens to take over completely - in gruesome fashion. Cheap and nasty sci-fi horror inspired by the 1957 B-movie of the same name. The uniformly terrible cast includes Dan Aykroyd, Devon Gummersall and Amelia Heinle. Directed by Scott Ziehl.

Monday

23:00 The 100 Greatest Scary Moments (Repeat) (T) Jimmy Carr presents the first of a two-part countdown featuring terrifying moments from films, TV shows and real-life encounters, featuring interviews with stars of the big and small screens. Concludes tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, I've been enjoying these myself. The one about the Amityville true story was genuinely good and chilling in parts but last night's vampire docu. felt like Crimestoppers to me. I didn't like it at all.

Tonight's The Omen docu. I hoping will be very good. I'm a big fan of the series and this should be interesting.

Advertisement