Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Mini-relaunch

Options
  • 20-09-2001 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen the new look on TV Ark, and, it looks very impressive. Cant wait to see it at home later. I like the video wall very much.
    Well done all. It was worth the wait.

Comments

Damo, my eyes keep focusing on the video wall in the background and they are getting sore already-whens the next sky relaunch due?-the one after this one.......
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Your right Madman its an annoying eye irrating piece of s*ite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Is that the "newswall" you're talking about? I find it amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what were those people thinking of. it is an eyesore but not too bad when they have the email address on it. overall though, they must be taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A classic example of where someone says we've got to freshen this product up!, when it was perfectly fine. I supect they'll
    cut use of the video wall back somewhat before too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Its bad because:
    • At 9am everymorn you can see the whole other newscrew walk into the office ( waving and gossiping)
    • The "newswall" is at a bizarre angle when the are using it for special features
    • the "newswall" is real 80's tack
    • It should be a huge overhaul and be like Euronews alot moe facts less ****ty chat and opinion

Its good because:
    • Change is good ! lol
    • i managed to see stone cold, give kurt angel the stunner just by looking at the "newswall"

Em....., just seen a sky news presenter explaining whats been happening re: Afghanistan today
    using the video wall as a giant map of the area-It was like watching newsround on cbbc! - really bad-with a minimum of facts...
    All I learnt really was all them countries end in "STAN"
    we weren't told who Stan was :D
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

Stan was the guy who cut that single with eminem.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

..and a great single it was too! :)

However, now that the complete new look is upon us, I have to say I think it's TERRIBLE...the logo itself looks thrown together, the overlays are oversized and garish...the newswall is distracting and has been done before (by Sky themselves actually)....all in all it's a great pity as I watch this channel quite a bit but all of the above will have me switching over less frequently from now on I reckon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

oh well it nown looks like a tabloid tv channel

sky ... caus we love it

• Advertisement

Oh so thats who Stan is!:D
    The new sky news is Awfull-those sound effects robbed from sky sports and that music is dreadfull.
    To make it worse, they are covering the screen with huge captions!
    they must have read my post above re: the damage the videowall is doing to my eyes...:D
    mm

Those music stings are naff, and the on screen graphics are naff
    and the - oh hell, its all naff....

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by madman
    Em....., just seen a sky news presenter explaining whats been happening re: Afghanistan today
    using the video wall as a giant map of the area-It was like watching newsround on cbbc! - really bad-with a minimum of facts...
    All I learnt really was all them countries end in "STAN"
    we weren't told who Stan was :D
    mm

Yup - I wait for the "...now this is Afghanistan here..." Not a patch on Jon Snow using a screen on the beeb.

Hang on Jon Snow is on C4 - its his uncle, or is it
    elder brother?, Peter who is on the Beeb...who actualy
    do a "here is Afganistan..." type graphic already.

When they start an overseas report, a graphic of the globe is displayed with an insert of the region then the country in question. Its very slick and quite unobtrusive but the attitude that underlines it still asumes we're all a bit thick!.

Mike.

P.S. What would Sky News do with all the time if there was
    no war to cover?

Advertisement