Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing a Lawnmower

Options
  • 26-10-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hello,

What do I need to do to service a briggs & Stratton lawnmover.

Air Filter, Fuel Filter. What types?

Obviously and oil change.

Isn't the correct time to service it at the end of the season rather than at the start?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

roamer wrote:
    Hello,

What do I need to do to service a briggs & Stratton lawnmover.

Air Filter, Fuel Filter. What types?

Obviously and oil change.

Isn't the correct time to service it at the end of the season rather than at the start?

Thanks.
    I just change the oil in mine for the last 9 yrs every season.
    Just remove teh air filter and blow it out with compressed air.
    Never replaced teh fuel filter and I disconnect the spark plug lead before winter storage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

B&Q do a full service kit for B&S lawnmowers, I bought one last year that was good value compared to separate bits, but haven't used it yet. It has oil, airfilter, spark plug, fuel stabiliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I use fully synth car oil 5w/40 i think. the mower has purred for the last 16 years on it, and it runs like brand new. need to change the spark plug every other year. usually do it at the end of the season and also clean the deck and grease it if its not aluminium or plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

redman wrote:
    B&Q do a full service kit for B&S lawnmowers, I bought one last year that was good value compared to separate bits, but haven't used it yet. It has oil, airfilter, spark plug, fuel stabiliser.

That sounds good, ill have to check in Woodies. Theres no b&q near me, are b&q not an english company? (as in, based in england only)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

roamer wrote:
    That sounds good, ill have to check in Woodies. Theres no b&q near me, are b&q not an english company? (as in, based in england only)
    That depends on where "near me" is, exactly :) There are a couple of stores in the Dublin area (Liffey Valley and Tallaght).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Alun wrote:
    That depends on where "near me" is, exactly :) There are a couple of stores in the Dublin area (Liffey Valley and Tallaght).
    and the new one opened in Naas today

Advertisement