Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 5 for pc

Options
  • 26-10-2005 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

We should get some games going in this...I hear they have dedicated online servers which is amazing now. We should get a boards.ie thing going. No more lag means twice the fun! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

with these online games do you have to have any particular port open in order for it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'd be on for this.

How's the multiplayer on the PC version looking? Please tell me zero lag!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd be on for this.

How's the multiplayer on the PC version looking? Please tell me zero lag!
    Pc version isnt out yet.
    Should be out Friday.... might be out tomorrow depending where you look.
    I've ordered on play.com , and with the way an post is going, I hope to get it before Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mine just came today. Just about to play online now...will report back. From what i hear, it is perfect online though with dedicated servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Definately interested in a boards league or similar, pc version on the way from play ah I got the ps2 one to tick me over until then. I think I seen that there was a pes4 league running last year?.

• Advertisement

To: whiskeyman
    Your order for Pro Evolution Soccer 5 has been posted.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.
    I hope I get this by Friday.. will make the bank hol weekend even sweet as I've feck all planned for it coz I'm skint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey guys, so is their a defintive joypad i should be using on the PC ? Maybe something similar to the PS2 pad, which im most comfortable with.

SofaKing wrote:
    Hey guys, so is their a defintive joypad i should be using on the PC ? Maybe something similar to the PS2 pad, which im most comfortable with.
    just use the PS2 pad itself... it is the best controller for PES imo.
    You can pick a USB single connection one at game for around €14 or get a double connection from Play for around €11.

Thanks whiskeyman.

Has anyone had issues with the demo on a laptop?

I have an Inspiron 5160 (512MB, 2.8GHz) and it runs very smoothly and looks sweet compared to the PS2.

However.....it has crashed on me twice during breaks in play - an injury and a throw-in. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

SofaKing wrote:
    Thanks whiskeyman.

I have an Inspiron 5160 (512MB, 2.8GHz) and it runs very smoothly and looks sweet compared to the PS2.

However.....it has crashed on me twice during breaks in play - an injury and a throw-in. Has this happened to anyone else?

Once, I had a crash in a throw in I think...

• Advertisement

SofaKing wrote:
    Thanks whiskeyman.

The demo crashes if an injury appears as theres no animation for the injury scenario... so it just freezes up. Dont worry - it's not an issue with your system and will be resolved in the full version :)
    You can download the "Demo trainer" - it's a little .exe that you use to launch the demo. Using the F buttons on the settings screen, you can turn off injuries and also increase the half to 30mins! (instead of the original 5).

you can get it here: http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=126364

Thanks again whiskeyman - i may give you the honour of being the first to lose to me in a PES.boards.ie comp ;)

SofaKing wrote:
    Thanks again whiskeyman - i may give you the honour of being the first to lose to me in a PES.boards.ie comp ;)
    we'll see about that!!

meh... you're probably right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I'd be interested , I ordered mine from Play.com and it'll probably be a while before I get it . Only got FM2006 today .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

This sounds great. Count me in.

I'm an Irishman based in the UK, so would love to play against ye! i ordered off play.com so should have the game either tomorrow or monday.

How is it going to work? Who has the dedicated server? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game requires you to login into a master server then play via a lobby vs anyone else in there.

Konami are running the dedicated servers atm there are no server files for others to host there own. Should there be we can ask the nice rev hellfire to host it for us.

But i dont think there will be the game requires a login with your cd key so you have to buy it to play online via konamis servers.

Its fairly fcukin good online, go buy ,go buy.

We will have a league and if the netcode works for all we may even finish it this year :eek:

Let the fight for 2nd place begin ;)

kdjac

whiskeyman wrote:
    The demo crashes if an injury appears as theres no animation for the injury scenario... so it just freezes up. Dont worry - it's not an issue with your system and will be resolved in the full version :)
    You can download the "Demo trainer" - it's a little .exe that you use to launch the demo. Using the F buttons on the settings screen, you can turn off injuries and also increase the half to 30mins! (instead of the original 5).

you can get it here: http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=126364

anywhere else this can be gotten? all thos files on yousendit are expired. it is surely the worst place to put a file up for download

Mossy Monk wrote:
    anywhere else this can be gotten? all thos files on yousendit are expired. it is surely the worst place to put a file up for download
    there ya go.
    It's tiny :)

Put it in the PES5 directory and click it there - you have the option to "run game" from it.
    When you're in the screen with the match settings (stars / time etc..) press the F keys.
    You'll hear a noise and the settings will be changed.

thanks for that. even though full game is out tomorrow, cannot wait

Mossy Monk wrote:
    thanks for that. even though full game is out tomorrow, cannot wait
    No prob.
    Thing is... I've been playing for ages using this, and it only allows for one half.. one go at left-to-right.
    I'll probably be amazing once I get the full version in the first half... but totally flunk the 2nd half when playing right-to-left! :D

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    just use the PS2 pad itself... it is the best controller for PES imo.
    You can pick a USB single connection one at game for around €14 or get a double connection from Play for around €11.
    Do Game or Gamestop defintiely not sell a dual adaptor?

Would it be possible to use a multitap with a single connection usb adaptor or is that quite possibly the stupidest question ever? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

been playing mine all day woooo great crack i am using a free usb xbox thingy i got from lik-sang after many driver problems and game crashes got it working eventually,works a charm now. All we need now is a few kit patches etc and we will be well sorted hopefully not too long

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

think that there is kit patches on this site www.pesfan.com have a look i'm playin ps2 version atm pc version on its way also

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Brock wrote:
    been playing mine all day woooo great crack i am using a free usb xbox thingy i got from lik-sang after many driver problems and game crashes got it working eventually,works a charm now. All we need now is a few kit patches etc and we will be well sorted hopefully not too long

Brock this just annoys me. All the time I have said I love pro evo to you and you moan at me telling me how its crap and fifa this and fifa that and now you are playing my game. Don't disrespect me you absolute tool. Only way to settle this is tmro, I am going to completely destroy you online. I will make u hate the game again.

Advertisement