Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating Appliances

Options
  • 26-10-2005 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey,

Can anybody let me know what the story is with integrating appliances is? I have a fridge freezer and diswasher that need to be integrated and the instructions that accompany the appliances are awful.
    Is this something that I should get a carpenter to do or do you reckon I could give it a lash myself and sort it. I should point out I aint a whizz at DIY by any means!

Any help is appreciated - cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Did a dish washer, washing m/c & fridge recently, i'm not a DIY Whizz but guess i'm handy enough. The problems i encountered were mainly down to the shoddy fitting of the kitchen units. The units were all off square (not plumb). If i had the person who guntered in those units i would probably have cracked his/her head of a wall. New house in a fairly big development by a "Reputable" developer - drunk apprentice on a Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

I'm about to install the dishawasher after installing my own kitchen. Is it necessary that the dishwasher be fitted next to the sink or can it be a bit further away ?

just wondering before I fix the last 2 units to the wall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

I did my washing machine, dishwasher and fridge/freezer last year. The latter was easy as the holes were already in the door. The others were a real b*tch, to say the least.

I'm handy enough, but by no means an expert, and I have to say its a job I would not like to do again.

I've no advise I'm afraid. But just keep at it and remeber to count to 10 when frustration kicks in.

Best of luck to you.

Oh and GP: keep the dish washer near to the sink, if anything it make life easy when you are scrapping, or rinsing of dish's and plates before they go into the washer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The units were all off square (not plumb). If i had the person who guntered in those units i would probably have cracked his/her head of a wall. New house in a fairly big development by a "Reputable" developer - drunk apprentice on a Monday morning.

So you knew who it was and were there at the time so why didn't you crack his head then?

Advertisement