Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing a kitchen

Options
  • 25-10-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Im moving into my own house in a week and i need a new kitchen. I would like to mess about with designs in some format other than the usual doodles on notepaper.
    My question is this...is there any site that will allow me to do some floorplans to submit my needs to the company? I know this is not usual but i thought id see if anyone knew.
    Any tips on sites that help would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Dellgirl wrote:
    Im moving into my own house in a week and i need a new kitchen. I would like to mess about with designs in some format other than the usual doodles on notepaper.
    My question is this...is there any site that will allow me to do some floorplans to submit my needs to the company? I know this is not usual but i thought id see if anyone knew.
    Any tips on sites that help would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks!

the b&q site (diy.com) will let you do it... but I am sure that would only be accepeted by b&q :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

My boss just got in a Cash and Carry kitchen (I work in the office next to the house). He drew out a rough plan of the kitchen space and went and got a consultation for free. The units come pre-assembled and the quality is pretty good, usual stuff. chipwood carcass and proper wood doors etc. Huge kitchen plus appliances set him back just under 6k

Off topic, I spent a long time trying to find appliances cheaper than I can buy here. I sourced my whole kitchen appliances from the UK saving upwards of 40 percent for quality stuff. Thats including delivery within one week of the order. I would never, ever,ever buy white goods here from now on. Total rip off !!

http://www.tradeappliances.co.uk

Fatboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,351 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Move from Accommodation / Property to Gardening / DIY

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Dellg
    goto www.kitchendraw.com and download their planner.
    use it for 30days and re-download again using diff email..
    good for just messing with kitchens etc --- it's what I use

FBP
    what sort of white goods did you get and how did that whole experience go
    what was shipping costs like, quality, service etc.

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 78,351 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Many kitchen fitters will give you white goods - fitted - at list price.

I get the impresssion white goods wholesalers will give discounts on a sliding scale depending on annual purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Ikea have a kitchen planner that you can download.

ikea.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Thanks for all the help. I have alot more to play with than I thought I would have so cheers for that!
    Sorry bout posting in the wrong forum.

FBP

thx

I'll do a "roving reporter" update as we go along!!

karltimber wrote:
    Dellg
    goto www.kitchendraw.com and download their planner.
    use it for 30days and re-download again using diff email..
    good for just messing with kitchens etc --- it's what I use

FBP

thx
    Karltimber

Check out the link http://www.tradeappliances.co.uk , the company do every make of every appliance you can think of. In particular I was looking for a Smeg range cooker (A2A5). I called alot of retaillers here and the lowest price I got was 3800 Euro (the smugness of one guy was amazing ! "I trust we have a deal, after all its 200 Euro off list price"). I found it on this site for 2100 (working out the exchange rates etc). So I bought it and a bosch dishwasher and a built in fridge freezer and a built in freezer and a ceramic sink for 4200 Euro including delivery.

Delivery I think was 98 uk pounds for the whole lot. It was delivered within a week of ordering. Ordering was easy I sent them an email they mailed me back working out the best discounts for me then took my card details over the phone for security.

Well impressed and will Never, Ever buy white goods here again. My only wish is they did TV's too !!

Fatboy.

Victor wrote:
    Many kitchen fitters will give you white goods - fitted - at list price.

I get the impresssion white goods wholesalers will give discounts on a sliding scale depending on annual purchases.

I don't think thats true in my case anyway as I found the price of the cooker on the site before I placed the order, a clear saving of 1600 Euro on the same item.

Fatboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭clearlyn

Dellgirl

i have just had a kitchen fitted and will post some photos tomorrow.

I spent two one hour sessions in B&Q Tallaght to get the design, note had to make appointments two weeks in advance. Unfortunately B&Qs delivery time was 6weeks so i went to the Panelling center in Sallynoggin and got a quote on the B&Q plans they were more expensive by €550. however while I was there I picked up a business card from a kitchen fitter they recommend. I rang the guy in Newtown in Co Wicklow he looked at the plans and quoted me the same price as B&Q and also included fitting in the price!!! He has his own work shop and just uses the panelling centers doors. Great job,good value and highlly recommended. Note he is not related and i am not in the business,i just believe in promoting good value when you find it in todays generally rip off industry. If you want further detail,send a message.

Clearlyn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

A look at those photos would be great!
    Im doodelling away on the kitchen draw programme i downloaded. What a find!!

Advertisement