Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intresting...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not due to be available til 2007 so AMD and/or Intel will have time to ramp up low-power, high-performance parts.
    At least AMD will, Intel are still trying... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

hehe....yeah...well people love a tryer eh??

Hopefully. Competition is good, in general.

yup..and definitely one to keep an eye...may end up being a breath of fresh air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

It's designed for embedded applications such as RAID controllers, multi-gigabit network switches, DSP replacements and what have you...

DEFINITELY not in any competition whatsoever with Intel or AMD. Besides, in 2 years time i'm sure Intel and AMD will have better products out. Have you guys not seen that new quad core intel chip which runs on a crappy little chipset sized fan ?

• Advertisement

read something about it alright..amazing what them martians can do eh??

DEFINITELY not in any competition whatsoever with Intel or AMD. Besides, in 2 years time i'm sure Intel and AMD will have better products out. Have you guys not seen that new quad core intel chip which runs on a crappy little chipset sized fan ?
    No... link please

Trying to find stuff about it.... I'm going to feel like a right arse when I can't find anything about this....

Hmmm, sorry turns out it's only dual core. Clicky -
    http://www.2cpu.com/review.php?id=109&page=5

2 of the dual core chips on the same board only added up to 94W of power drawn, for the entire system though, pretty impressive. TDP for each dual core of 31W, I'm impressed. Intel seem to have gotten the thumb out for their new lines. Wonder what AMD is cooking...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

P. A. Semi's offerings sound very good. But its WAy too early to tell.
    "The company says that "typical" power consumption of the 2 GHz dual-core chip is between 5 and 13 watts",
    thats impressive if they can pull it off

• Advertisement
Advertisement