Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair Carpet query

Options
  • 25-10-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Do any of you know any companies that supply stair carpet with leather binding (Dublin area)? I'm looking for something to put in the middle of a stairs, leaving about 4 inch gap either side, and finished on each side with leather binding about 2 inches wide - thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jc1001

Hi ho - about to give up on this and go for something else - unless any kind souls out there have any ideas? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Never seen anythink like that, I would think you would have to do a one off.

I suppose the problem is that you would have to use multiple strips of leather as the hide wont streatch the whole staris.

Why not buy a runner and the apply the leather after or I dont know if you can do this but buy a strip or carpet and get it edged in leather. ?

We had a lot of off cuts and got it edged for mats and hall runners...(not leather though)

Why not speak to a carpet shop to see if they can do anything like that.

Des Kelly put us onto a person who did the edging for our mats and runners.

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jc1001

Cheers Garyh3, will try that out - thanks for the info.

Advertisement