Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Bands/ Acts To Play Fri. Nights In Slattery's Capel St.

Options
  • 25-10-2005 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

As it says in the title, if your have a band or are a singer/ songwriter, get in touch. Need to fill a few slots for the next couple of Friday nights, Also, its a class venue since the revamp. What have you got to lose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Melissa Smith

Hey there,

I've got an excellent band for you. They are "The Hale" & they have been gigging around Dublin quite a bit. This weekend (Sun 30th Oct)they are playing in a battle of the bands comp in the "River S" in Athlone in aid of an excellent foundation ie. Christina Noble (ANYONE THAT'S GONNA BE IN THE AREA GET YOUR AS*S THERE).

They've headlined many a gig at Eamon Dorans, The Vaults, Voodoo lounge, Sin E etc etc.

You can get me on my mobile(086 8700360) anytime for a chat.

Ciao.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

A Little more info here perhaps....

Is this a pay to play gig? Will the band be required to sell tickets? What type of band are you looking for?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hurricane Cilly

No! its not a pay to play, but the downside is that at the moment there is no house sound system so were paying for PA and sound engineer every Friday night, so bands wont be getting paid either (unless we mug the punters). We're looking for four- five bands/acts a night and the more bands we have the more we can rotate every couple of weeks so it could be kind of regular. The venue itself lends itself better for acoustic and rock and everything in between, but not too heavy, if you get me.If you have any questions mail me cillylorenzo@gmail.com or check our bands Website www.hurricanesoul.com
    All the best Cillian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

We are available in the new year. We have 5 gigs to do between now and the end of December so i suppose this year is out for us. We do like weekend gigs though and are always looking for new places to play

1. Better for bringin me down

2. San Diego

3. Misfits Gallery

if this the type of stuff you like give us a mail:gracehoppers@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Les_Paul

is that wanker smiley bulger still on the door ??????????????????? was theer when i played back in 1999 stilla kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hurricane Cilly

No, Smiley is long gone but his ghost has been seen from time to time wandering around.... Ah no seriously its a kosher venue since its been done up, pop along on Friday nite to see for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Les_Paul

was it not raided b4 because of it was a whore house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

We played the launch night last Friday and I have to say, it's a lovely venue. Cillian is right that it might be more suited to acoustic acts, but we still managed to get up there and play as full as we have anywhere else.

The great thing about the venue is that the stage is in the corner and that the audience's "natural" position is looking at you, unlike a lot of venues where you have to turn to look at the band. I know that sounds trivial, but anyone who went to a gig at Mother Redcap's will know what I mean.

And to top it all off, the lads who run Reinvent promotions are about the furthest thing from dodgy you'll ever deal with. Smashing fellows indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭psharkey

Have played with damien Dempsey and the Drifters and would be in to playing an old gig or two.

086 066 0919

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭theonlygirl

dropped you a pm

Advertisement