Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Einstein by Michio Kaku

Options
  • 19-09-2001 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Some of you might have read the above book, but for those that haven't its an excellent little intro to the world of string theory and is very light on the maths, which is a good thing unless you've loads of experince with Fenymann loops, knot invarient problems etc.

He has a more technical book out with proper mathematical proof and theorems. I wouldn't recommend it tho unless you're a graduate student, It assumes alot of knowledge on quantum field theory and related topics.

But I'd definetely recommend the title book to any interested in gaining an insight to the cutting edge of the modern search for unification :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Superb book this, I highly recommend it for anyone taking up an armchair interest in unification and superstring theory. Feynman's book is a tad thick with math and proofs, especially some nasty induction proofs, but worth persisting with imho.

Occy

Advertisement