Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blizzards

Options
  • 25-10-2005 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭

Anybody like The Blizzards? Irish band from Mullingar, yet to be signed as far as I know, but it's only a matter of time. They're absolutely brilliant live, and you've got to go see them if you can. You can check them out on www.theblizzards.ie. Just so you know this isn't my friends band or anything. I don't know these guys, I just think they rock and I'm fairly sure a few other people in the country think the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

saw them at wittnegen
    they got a massive crowd for the new bads tent
    didnt impress me much though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

They have a huge following in Waterford! They released a single that sold loads down here after they played a couple of gigs, one for the Tall Ships Festival in July. Making the Waterford public get up, go out and buy something - thats no mean feat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I've only heard one of their songs, think it was called "War on Words" or something like that, thought it was quite good. Though I was surprised to hear it on the radio, some TodayFm evening show that plays upcoming new music.

They play in Whelans or The Village in Dublin every so often, and I think they played at Oxygen this year, which can't be all bad.

One of my mates knows the lead singer as she was in the same class in college with him (He's just finished his Accountancy degree in DIT Angier Street)and goes out at the weekend with himself and possible one or two of the other bands members and class mates and thats how I came about hearing of them. Keep meaning to go to one of their gigs but Ive since fell out with my mate. I've heard their suppose to be great live.

Advertisement