Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Options
  • 24-10-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

With the launch of the documentary/Movie The Protocols of Zion i think it is a suitable subject to discuss on The Conspiracy Theories forum. I really don't know an awful lot about it, but it only came to my attention while watching Euronews' Agenda programme today. Apparently there is a Jewish Conspiracy to Rule the World and have Maximimum Control, This has more info. Wheter there is any truth in it or not who knows. But always at times of global uncertainty the Jewish people are generally blamed. Wikipedia has more here. Even the Malaysain PM said the "Jews rule the world by proxy". At the islamic conference during 2002?3. I wonder what do other boards users think? It makes for a good conspiracy theory, however it also makes for the rise of anti-semitism which really isn't wanted anywhere although it is quite easy to see how anti-semitism is rising as the Israelis treat Palestininans and Moslems no different than Adolph Hitler treated themselves during WW2.

Don't use this thread to spout rubbish about any grievences you have with the Jewish people, This thread is to discuss this conspiracy theory.

Happy Scratching the old head !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

It's a long discredited Czarist era forgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

netwhizkid wrote:
    it is quite easy to see how anti-semitism is rising as the Israelis treat Palestininans and Moslems no different than Adolph Hitler treated themselves during WW2.

Nonsense. Muslims living in Israel have more rights than in many Muslim countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Nonsense. Muslims living in Israel have more rights than in many Muslim countries.
    Perhaps but do other Moslems living outside Israel have the fear of having their children or themselves shot dead on a daily basis? Anyway I reckon that this film could fuel anti-semitism, and the like world-wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

netwhizkid wrote:
    Perhaps but do other Moslems living outside Israel have the fear of having their children or themselves shot dead on a daily basis? Anyway I reckon that this film could fuel anti-semitism, and the like world-wide.

welcome to baghdad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

netwhizkid wrote:
    I really don't know an awful lot about it
    They were faked. You could certainly find out more about the fakery on The Internet™ but that answers your question about the protocols of the yadda yadda squarely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

> Apparently there is a Jewish Conspiracy to Rule
    > the World and have Maximimum Control, This
    > has more info. Wheter there is any truth in it
    > or not who knows.

The document known as the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" is a bilious text, plagiarized from an earlier German book, by the Czar's secret police in order to incite hatred against Russian Jews in the first part of the 20th Century. At the time, the Jews were calling for greater freedom and democracy in the country, much to the irritation of the Czar who got his secret police to produce this smear document which you can find at:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

...and it's worth reading a bit of it just to see what completely incoherent drivel it is. A master plan to control the human race would at least stick to some of the more basic rules of grammar and perhaps make sense from time to time.

Two useful and brief histories of the forgery exist at:

http://skepdic.com/protocols.html
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mzionprotocol.html

It says quite a lot for the power of anti-semitism that people still believe this arrant crap 85 years after it was shown to be a forgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

netwhizkid wrote:

Thats a little...superficial? Considering just how absurdly complex and morally ambiguous the situation in Israel is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I thoroughly reccomend this document. It's an entertaining read. Now if someone could just explain to me why a secret conspiracy would write down their exact plan and distribute it, I'd be satisfied.
    Perhaps but do other Moslems living outside Israel have the fear of having their children or themselves shot dead on a daily basis?

No. Nor, in fact, do most Muslims living inside Israel.

And as for the Jewish conspiracy and whether it exists, it's an undeniable fact that lots of Jewish people hold a lot of power in the US. A lot of Chinese people hold positions of power in Singapore. Big deal. Sure, maybe there is a conspiracy to some extent, but does it really matter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement