Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynojet installers

Options
  • 24-10-2005 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I want to get a stage 3 dynojet kit installed on my Kawasaki W650 to even out its acceleration and maybe give it a little more poke. I could probably fit the kit myself but I'd feel safer getting a professional to do it for me. Does anyone know of a bike shop in Dublin that can do this ?

thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

AFAIK The bike tyre company do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ah great, I know them, sound guys. I'll give them a shout.

Anyone here had any expeirience with a dynojet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

K-TRIC wrote:
    Ah great, I know them, sound guys. I'll give them a shout.

Anyone here had any expeirience with a dynojet ???

Looking at the dynojet.com website, I presume you are just replacing the main jets in the carb???
    Stage 3 Kits

Intended for motorcycles with stock or mildly tuned engines using a well designed aftermarket pipe and individual air filters.

I have spent a while messing about with the carb on my bike and I have learned a few things through trial and error. If you are installing the jets yourself then:
    • Keep the parts you take out so that you can change back some or all of the parts if required.
    • You might have to look at your air filter as well. A bigger main jet needs more air to keep the fuel/air mix correct. If you have too restrictive an airfilter, the mix will be too rich thus fouling up the cylinder.
    • You might have to look at your exhaust as well. What goes in must go out (or you will end up with not all the burnt mix being extracted out of the cylinders thus messing up the next fuel/air mix and generally fouling up the cylinder)
    • Watch out for overheating and make sure the oil that you are using can handle the extra temperature.
    • Update one thing at a time and see what the effect of each change is at both low speed and high speed.

If you are having a mechanic install the parts then:
    • Make sure you get ALL the original parts, bolts, washers, everything back in case you want to remove the jets at some point in the future.
    • Enquire about the air filter, exhaust, oil, overheating, coolant etc.

L.

Advertisement