Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cnps 9500 vs. xp-90c

Options
  • 24-10-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭

So i'm looking to shell out on top quality air cooling and wasnt sure which to go for. At the moment i'm leaning towards the cnps9500 mainly because it comes with fan installed and doesnt require extra purchases. I probably would of got the xp-120 but it wont fit in my case. Basically what i'm looking for is the quieter the better. I wont be overclocking with this btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I cant speak for the cnps9500 but i can for the xp-90 cause i got one.
    It cools very well (winchester 3200) have yet to see mbm record 50C with it (47 i think being highest). I got a 92mm papst fan on it, at high rpm i still cant hear it, running at the lowest speed my fan controler allows it keeps the cpu around 35-38 idle and under load it has always stayed below 50.
    Not tried OC-ing the cpu much yet.
    Just my 2 cents worth

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

just got a cpns...when I finally build..I'l let you know, presuming you can wait a bit

Advertisement