Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books ?what ones and where

Options
  • 24-10-2005 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi i know this has probaly been asked before and i have tried to search for it but when i do my crappy computer wont go onto it.so my questions are where can i get a decent book for a begginer on witchcraft in dublin??do easons have any as i was in their already and only saw a book on wizardology and it didnt seem to be much and highly priced at 27 euro .i dont have a credit card and dont want anything to do with witchcraft coming to my house where my family is as they would totally freak out about this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try Hodges and Figges (spelling?), as well as Waterstones, both at the Trinity side of Sawson Street. Waterstones has a nice selection of books about religons.

And yes, both are costly. Also try some of the 2nd hand book shops, as these sometimes have the books cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I think most of the bookshops around Dublin would have some selection, with quality ranging from excellent to garbage. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to advise you on which is which.

You might want to try joining a few mailing lists first, talk to some people who do know what is worth reading, perhaps try and narrow down your areas of interest and what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Yellow Brick Road also has a selection of books. But joining a few mailing lists is a good idea. What I done when I started out was look at the booklists of several different sites and see what books were constantly repeated. In the end it wasn't a bad idea on my part as most of the books I ended up looking for are ok for a beginner. However you're not guaranteed to weed out all the crap this way. Also if there is a book that you want to get try the online Dublin City Catalogue. You'd be surprised what you can find there.

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

erm..if you contact the Book Centre in waterford, they'd prob be able to send you up some to your bookshop...they got shelves of em!

Advertisement