Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI with different branded boards

Options
  • 14-12-1999 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Is it possible, I have an orchid v2 and can't get another one, it works with reference drivers. I was wondering if I got another v2 card for cheap that also worked with reference drivers would the 2 of them work in sli. Has anyone done this with 2 different brands of v2 cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im not sure.
    ive heard it can done, but its very difficult
    maybe you need 2 cards that are based on the same drivers. eg 3dfx drivers etc

i remember someone posting once that they had it done.
    may have been kali or koopa or one of the quakeheads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yup, it can be done. Just use the latest 3dfx ref. drivers (Actually any from about a year ago should to the trick). Metabyte did it first for their glasses/drivers and 3dfx integrated it.
    You can apparently even get 2 dif. memory configs working but methinks it'd pretty damn flakey (Plus you'd lose 4mb from a 12mb card for nothing).

Advertisement