Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Laptop to DCU wireless network

• 23-10-2005 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey

I want to configure my laptop for use on DCU's wireless network. I've to bring it to the csd right..? Is there anyway I can configure it myself? Does anyone know the settings etc? Basically I'm lazy :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

if you're are lazy, bring it to the laptop clinic in henry grattan building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

No Sarunas thats not nearly lazy enough!

Just bring it to L125 in the computer building and ask anyone on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

No seriously... Lol.. Does anyone know how to configure it?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Ok, well the coputer should connect automatically to either laplan 2.0 (most of campus) or "school of computing"

In order to look at anything outside of dcu's stuff though you'll need to enter a proxy.

In Firefox go to tools>>options>>general and click "connection settings"

In the space for "automatic proxy configuration file" enter: http://proxy.dcu.ie.pac

Now your laptop should work all over campus.

If it every gives you trouble when on laplan 2.0 however, you'll need to enter the proxy settings manually.

Enter: proxy.dcu.ie
    port: 8080

Enjoy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Thanks a million!!

That's great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

No problem, hope it works for you :)

Advertisement