Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing a window from the taskbar

Options
  • 13-12-1999 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

quoted from MSDN link below

"To prevent the window button from being placed on the taskbar, create the unowned window with the WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style. As an alternative, you can create a hidden window and make this hidden window the owner of your visible window. "

I tried this on my app but it didnt work because im using a dialog, not an actual window. I didnt want to do it the "alternative" way so i delved deeper into MSDN

Now get yer head around this!!

MSDN says ITaskbarList is declared in shlobj.h, yet its not in mine!!!
    therefore the following code wont compile.
    ITaskbarList *TaskbarList=NULL;

HRESULT v = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_TaskbarList, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_HANDLER ,
    					IID_ITaskbarList, &TaskBarList);

if (TaskbarList->HrInit() == NOERROR)
    		TaskbarList->DeleteTab(GetSafeHwnd());

Does anyone have ITaskBarList declared anywhere on their system?!?!?!
    This baffles me.

mk:@MSITStore biggrin.gif:\Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio\MSDN\99JUL\1033\Shellcc.chm::/shellcc/Shell/Taskbar.htm

Ðeclan $hanaghy
    4th Computer Engineering
    University of Limerick
    9637184@student.ul.ie
    www.csn.ul.ie/~dek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ok did a bit of poking around on this not very big into C++ ATM but this is what I found.
    I too couldn't find this interface anywhere on my system. But when I used that handy little tool oleview I found it under interfaces with a guid of {56FDF342-FD6D-11D0-958A-006097C9A090} if that helps.
    Also in MSDN it says this
    When to Implement

You do not implement ITaskbarList; it is implemented by the shell.

and that you need Version 4.71 of shell32.dll
    Hope this is of some help.

Kayos
    so

Advertisement