Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which part of sin city did tarantino direct?

Options
  • 22-10-2005 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

It's a surprisingly good film I thought. I would take a guess that he did the bit about old town, cos it seemed slightly different to the other parts of the film

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The bit with Dwight (Clive Owen) in the car, where he goes to meet the Irish guys, as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

He directed the scene with Clive Owen and Benicio Del Toro in the front of the car, and then Del Toro is pulled over by a policeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think it was the tarpits scene

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Following Rodriguez's scoring of Tarantino's Kill Bill: Vol. 2 for $1, Quentin Tarantino directed a scene of Sin City for $1. Tarantino had previously advocated film over the digital cameras used by Rodriguez, but was interested to get to work with them. The scene in question is in The Big Fat Kill, where Dwight drives Det. Jack "Jackie Boy" Rafferty to the "pits". Tarantino wanted to use a real car for the scene but was unable to get the angles he wanted. Rodriguez convinced him to film on a partial set of the automobile interior, constructing the car's roof and sides using CGI, which ultimately resulted in Tarantino getting the shots he desired.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_City_(movie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

one dollar huh? He's getting really desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Does anyone know if there are plans to release the region 1 dvd release of the film over here. has some amazing looking extras. I've been waiting on this edition.

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?page=title&r=R1&title=819511

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

djkeogh wrote:
    Does anyone know if there are plans to release the region 1 dvd release of the film over here. has some amazing looking extras. I've been waiting on this edition.

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?page=title&r=R1&title=819511

yeah its coming out before christmas as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

It doesn't make a dfference which part he directed it was all tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

The bit in the car where Benicio's corpse talks is totally Tarantino. I didn't know which part QT had directed before seeing Sin City, but it was pretty obvious that that part was it - I mean, the whole pace of the film changes. It's like NOW FER THE TARANTINO BIT. Entertaining, iconic...but kind of pointless. And distracting.

Advertisement