Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet room size limitation?

Options
  • 22-10-2005 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Is there a limitation on how small a "wet room" can be? (That's a walk-in shower that doesn't have a basin to step into - the kind where the whole floor slants down to a drain.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Is there a limitation on how small a "wet room" can be

Shouldn't that be "on how large a wet room can be" otherwise the limitation is that you couldn't get into it.

Anyway, once you have an adequate fall to the drain, we have supplied curved wall walkin showers that have been 1.8m x 1.6m.

I suppose you could also have more than one drain if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, Foamcutter. Who's we, by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Mind you, that's still too big a size for my tiny under-stairs toilet, which I'd love to split into a toilet-with-basin-integrated (as done by Toto of Japan) and a separate walk-in shower. Perhaps I'm imagining the impossible.

It sounds like you are going to be short on space.

Maybe you could give the size of the area and post a link for the sink/toilet combination unit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I was watching the property ladder the other day and these guys put a wet room into 6 houses, seemed like a great idea and the rooms were tiny gave them a downstairs toilet etc, later on while having a shower myself I wondered where they kept their bog roll and towels as the whole place was going to get soaking as it was so small, what do you do?, keep them in a plastic bag, leave the bog roll outside, replace a towel with a large electric dryer??
    I dont know, but I do think that should be bigger then some people think, they seem to be a good idea if a shower tray is tight, but not necessarily a solution to turn any space into a shower room.
    IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

Hey Foam cutter, did you just tile staight onto the foam or is that treated with a coating aswell... I was looking at your site there, I'm interested in the costing of it all. For example: without the tiling (my mate's a tiler and we'd sort that out) how much was that installation you posted up there... the "walk in shower" - just roughly.
    PM if you like (or dazzle the croud ;) )

Bren

Hi Brenner,

the foam is coated with a smooth cement based render with a mesh embedded into it. Then the tiling can be applied (usually mosaic on curved surfaces). We don't usually install as we supply the trade and they look after installation and the tiling.
    Cost is on a project by project basis, we haven't used the same cut files twice. The shape maybe similar but the size is tailored to space available. We can also include shelving or seating internally for soap, shampoo or whatever.

Advertisement